Tuesday, May 12, 2009

May

Well like I said before I knew it it is now May.

This month has a special day in it for all us Moms...Mother's Day. This Mother's day was a nice day but I was focused on what a privilege it is to be a Mom. I waited a long time to have my precious son and there are some women who will never have the privilege to be called Mom. I don't ever want to take for granted the fact that a wonderful boy calls me "Mommy". Because of this privilege I've been given I strive to be the best Mom I can be. A God honoring mom! There are many days I fail at this tasks but God's mercies are new each morning and I can rise each day and strive again.

Speaking of motherhood I would like to share some things that have made me smile in my motherhood recently. When Kurt had hurt his big toe,while he was telling me about it he referred to his big toe as his big foot finger. I have to smile every time I hear that.

Another instance he was looking at a form to fill out with his information in case he ever got lost or kidnapped (God forbid) but as he was reading the different entries he came to the "race"....he said "Mommy is this so they know how fast I can go". I just love the innocence of children.

Last month I mention we were embarking on a journey that I wasn't sure where it would take us... well I now know that this journey will keep us right where we are(geographically speaking). I am so thankful for God's guidance and I know that His plans are best for me.

Kurt and I can see the end of school very near and I think were both looking forward to it. He is also looking forward to going camping over the Memorial Day weekend. I am as well but I don't think I'm as excited as he is.

Until next time...

No comments: